As mentioned in my blog post of Walter’s puppy must haves, one of the 4 all time must haves for Walter was a puppy ‘diaper bag’ which was really just a dog travel bag which I had purchased on Amazon.
This travel bag as become a big necessity since the day we got it. I am that person who brings their dog anywhere they can. I find that socialization is extremely important for a dog’s mental health and overall happiness because who doesn’t love getting out of the house and experiencing new things. There is nothing more magical than how happy Walter gets when we are out on an adventure and because of that I will always take him with me where he is allowed.
With that being said here is what I pack into Walter’s ‘Diaper Bag’:
- Pee pads – this is important when going to someone else’s house or dog friendly hotel although we are continually improving on our potty training, accidents happen. I would rather put a pee pad aside for Walter so that he has a place where it is okay to go potty when he can’t go outside or has an accident rather than to put him in a position where he needs to be put into time out. It’s about setting him up for success in all situations.
- Toys – I like to pack at least one teething toy and one fun toy, that way he has his pick. If he needs something to chew on he has it, if he wants to attack something that squeaks then he can do that.
- Food – This is a no brainier! I have an empty pasta sauce container that I cleaned and reuse as travel food storage. The travel bag we bought on Amazon already comes with 2 collapsible silicone bowls for food an water, so all I need to worry about it the actual food.
- Treats – I like to bring 2 different options something small and easy to give him as a reward and something fun to give him as a treat to spoil him with.
- Weather items – This would include a sweater or jacket if it’s cold and snow shoes if there are salts on the sidewalks to protect his paws.
- Any necessary medications – The only medications that Walter received is his flea/tick prevention and heart worm prevention and those items depend on the time of month if it’s needed to be packed. If he were to need any other medication for some reason, that would also be packed.
- Light blanket – This is more of a comfort item, something he can cuddle in that is his and familiar. Plus he loves blankets, it’s one if his favorite things!
With each passing birthday, skin care has become increasingly more important. Here are a few of my top favorite skin care items all of which can be found at Sephora.
- Peter Thomas Roth Anti-aging cleansing gel – this is an easy way to add anti-aging products intro your skin care routine without even trying hard. It’s always the a recommendation a for anyone who is just starting out.
- AmorePacific essential cream fluid – This is a holy grail item for me, it has completely transformed my skin with the first couple uses. It comes a quite the cost but the results are unbelievable!
- Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion pm – I use this product every night, it’s a great anti-aging item and it also has helped my get rid of a few stubborn pimples (although it is not advertised to do that)
- Tara Harper resurfacing mask – another holy grail! This product gives results instantly for soft, glowing, clearer skin! I like to use this once a week.
- Boscia cactus water moisturizer – A moistuizer that glides effortlessly on your skin. It’s consistency was a little weird for me at first but now this is one of my favorite moisturizers.
- Peter Thomas Roth cucumber de-tox hydra-gel eye patches – these are great to help give some care to the under eye area. I like to use it while I have a mask on the rest of my face, once a week. Sometimes I will even use it while applying eye shadow to catch fallout while treating my skin.
Comment below some of your favorite skin care items!
Of course there are the necessities such as food and water bowls, a leash, harness, dog toys, dog food, and dog treats but there are a few items that are considered a ‘must have’ in the life of Walter.
Teething toys and lots of them! Puppy’s will chew on anything when it comes to teething. I mean everything; furniture, wall corners, shoes, your hands, your feet, the remote, and anything else that they can find. It’s important to have something to help them alleviate their discomfort that is safe for them. There are a lot of options for dog teething toys I personally love the Kong, they are great for teething but it’s also great to use to occupy Walter for a bit by filling the center with peanut butter and then freezing it overnight! However, Walter’s favorite is a key ring teething toy that I had gotten for him while on our 1st Petco trip together.
2 dog beds! Yes I need 2 of them for just one puppy. I have one downstairs where he spends more of this time, and one in the bedroom for bed time. Now Walter actually sleeps in bed with us (was not our initial plan, the first week we had tried to have him sleep exclusively in his bed but that clearly did not stick) but when hanging out upstairs he does like having a bed to chill out on and supervise what ever I am doing. Not all dogs use dog beds, I know my pug growing up preferred to just plop down on the floor rather than using a dog bed, but I love that Walter enjoys using his beds.
A dedicated blanket. I know what you’re thinking, 2 beds and his own blanket – if you’re not a dog lover then I probably sounds crazy. Well it is a must have for Walter. He loves blankets, as a puppy he would try and pull the blanket off the couch so he can have one. Now that he is 5 months he is more then successful in stealing blankets, so yes he has his own (he has 2 actually). It doesn’t stop him from trying to steal our blankets but at least every can have their own blanket to use during TV time. (yes, he watches TV with us and he loves it)
A doggie ‘diaper’ bag. We always refer it to a diaper bag, but it’s really a travel bag for dogs that we got off amazon. It is very important to me to keep Walter well socialized, I know he’s a pug and pug are very lovable, easy going dogs so socialization shouldn’t be a huge concern. However, I feel that socialization is important for the well being and mental health of any dog breed. Anywhere that we can take Walter, you bet he’s coming with us. Because of this I needed something to carry his things with me other than a plastic bag where everything will end up rolling all over my car floor during travel.
I had received Nature Box’s cold pressed avocado oil body wash via Influenster which is a company that gives out products complementary in exchange for an honest review. I was particularly excited to try this body wash due to it being a vegan product as well as free of sulfates, parabens, silicones, and artificial colorants. I love the packaging for the product, it’s simple yet chic. I adore that the company encourages consumer recycling as well as supports farmers in sustainably cultivating raw materials.
This body wash lathers nicely, leaves no residue on the skin, it’s moisturizing, and cleans as a body wash should. The scent is very light yet fresh. It doesn’t smell in any way like an avocado but I do get a very earthy, floral scent from this which I fell suits it well. It doesn’t leave a smell on your skin afterwards, if there is a scent lingering it is a very soft and unnoticeable which is great as it won’t interfere with any scented moisturizers or perfumes you may decided to use, if any.
No where on the body does it directly say that it is a natural product but the name of the brand is called ‘Nature Box’ so it does create the idea of it being a natural product. When someone thinks natural product they think safe ingredients so I would like to point out that there are some ingredients in this product that can be concerning for some. These ingredient include Sodium benzoate which is able to destroy parts of DNA and presents a cancer risk when combined with ascorbic acid. As well as PEG’s (PEG-7 & PEG-40) although considered safe with further research you may find that they do present a contamination risk of Ethylene Oxide as well as 1,4-Dioxane which have been linked to cancer. I do recommend doing your own research if you are concerned about the ingredients.
Overall this is a nice product and I would recommend as it does exactly what a body wash should, it looks gorgeous in my shower, and I love the culture of the company. The only exceptions to my recommendation would be to those who are truly concerned with product ingredients.
If you are interested in also receiving free products in exchange for your review you can click here!